Throughout my life, I have struggled with chronic depression. About seven years ago, my depression became so intense that I tried to take my life. Miraculously, I survived. In the years that have followed, I have learned that if I truly want to heal and move forward then I must reach beyond myself and try to help others.
Listed below are several articles that I have written that deal specifically with depression and suicide. I will continue to write on these topics with the hope that they might help someone in need. Please share them with anyone who is struggling.
- The Beauty of Your Brokenness
- When A Loved One Commits Suicide
- Winston Churchill’s Battle With Depression
- 9 Ways to Fight Depression (and Win!)
- Does My Depression Mean That God Hates Me?
- Beauty for Ashes
- Depression—A Battle Too Big to Fight Alone
- Is Suicide Selfish?
- I’m Grateful for Paper Cuts
- How to Help Someone With Depression
- The Meaning in Suffering
- Heaven Will Work Backwards
- Understanding Depression
- The Most Damning Belief of All Time
- To the Depressed and Suicidal: I Know How It Feels
- How My Brother Saved Me From Drowning and Suicide
- Breaking My Silence on Suicide
- Anasazi and WE